Thursday, May 27, 2010

A FRIEND PASSES

RICHARD (RICK) F. BEECHAM
July 15, 1947 - May 25, 2010
The poem below was written some time ago as a tribute to friendship.
I have already published it in this blog earlier but want to
publish it here again in memory of Rick.


Missing Notes
Friends are the notes my life song plays
But the keyboard’s no longer complete
Still the music goes on
with an uneven beat
and the melody colours my days

Too busy to listen, we don’t have a clue
That lifes music is made up of parts
When some come up missing
It yanks at our hearts
and the tune becomes shocking and new

faint echos of lost notes are all that I hold
and I know now that each one was dear
and I yearn for the past
draw the memories near
and let the sweet music unfold

now I listen for each note and chord as they sound
I savor the tune as a whole
notes present and missing
are part of my soul
the music of love is profound

.

No comments: